JPIAMR Therapeutics Workshop
20-22 April 2021, 13.00-17.00 CET
As AMR emerges, new strategies for the treatment of infection and identification of resistant microbes are crucial. This JPIAMR activity, led by the UK Medical Research Council (MRC) with support from Sweden (SRC), South Africa (SAMRC), Korea (NRF), France (ANR), and Canada (CIHR) is delivered as part of JPIAMR’s mission to enable global coordination of research.
The main goals of the workshop are:
- To showcase therapeutics research and improve links between academia, industry and policy makers in the context of the wider global antimicrobial therapeutics community
- To identify gaps and opportunities in therapeutics research
The workshop is organised online in three half-day sessions, (13:00-17:00 CET) from the 20th to the 22nd of April 2021, combining keynote presentations, short invited talks selected from abstract submissions, and panel discussions.
- Session 1: Antimicrobial therapeutics landscape
- Session 2: Choosing wisely — is your product worth developing?
- Session 3: Mtb antimicrobial pipeline
- Session 4: Novel antimicrobial targets
- Session 5: Non-traditional antimicrobials
- Session 6: Novel strategies
- Session 7: Economic incentives
- Session 8: Access and sustainability — is this relevant to pre-clinical R&D?
To submit an abstract, please return a completed abstract submission form by March 17th 2021 to AMR@MRC.UKRI.org. The form can be downloaded in the right side menu.
For any questions please contact the JPIAMR secretariat, firstname.lastname@example.org
Cover picture: The image ‘Bacteriophages at work_colour’ is licensed under CC BY-SA 3.0. The image by Emily Brown combines ‘Phage’ by Dr Graham Beards, also licensed under CC BY-SA 3.0., and ‘Bxz2_Plaque’ by Deborah Jacobs-Sera and Graham Hatfull.
To register for the workshop please fill in the information requested in the form below. Registration will be open until 12th April 2021. You will receive the zoom meeting link to the workshop upon registration.